Southern Grampians Shire Council Logo
Skip Links


Once you’ve assessed the damage, one of the first things you should do is contact your insurance provider. The sooner you do this, the sooner your claim will be processed. Make sure that you are aware of your rights and options. Visit the Understand Insurance website for more information.

The physical rebuilding process can be a daunting process. Seek out all the relevant information before you start the process to avoid mistakes. Visit the Planning Victoria website for information about rebuilding and recovery.

• Centrelink: 132 850
• Insurance Council of Australia: 1300 728 228
• Victoria Legal Aid: 1800 677 402
• Victorian Disaster Legal Help: 1800 113 432
• Telstra (Register for an assistance package): 132 203
• Ausnet Services: 1300 360 795
• Australian Tax Office: 13 2861
• Consumer Affairs Victoria: 1300 55 81 81

It is normal to have strong reactions and emotions following a distressing or frightening event, and people can experience a range of physical, mental, emotional and behavioural reactions.

There are a number support services available to assist you and your family.

If you or someone you know is in need of emotional and social wellbeing support, call one of the following numbers.

• Beyond Blue – 24hrs, 7 days a week – 1300 224 636
• Lifeline – 24hrs a day, 7 days a week – 13 11 14
• Kids Helpline – 24hrs, 7 days a week – 1800 55 1800

The Department of Health and Human Services also offers a range of support services.

Please contact the Rural Financial Counselling Service Victoria on 1300 735 578 for access to business and emotional support.

Powered by