Southern Grampians Shire Council Logo
Skip Links

Wandering Livestock

Wandering stock on roads is a risk to traffic having the potential to cause serious injury or death to motorists. Local Law officers can attend to stock wandering on roads controlled by Southern Grampians Shire Council.

Who can I notify?

Victorian Police – 24 Hours | Phone 000
Vicroads – 24 Hours | Phone 13 11 70
Southern Grampians Shire Council | Phone (03) 5573 0444 (including after hours)

Once notified of an incident a Local Laws officer will respond immediately and assess the situation having regard to the safety of themselves and the public. It is the stock owner’s responsibility to provide and maintain effective fencing to stop stock straying onto a road. Fines may be issued.

For information on which roads are managed by Council or VicRoads follow this link to our Roads webpage.

Customer Service | Local Laws Officer
111 Brown Street
Hamilton Vic 3300
Phone (03) 5573 0444

Powered by