Southern Grampians Shire Council Logo
Skip Links

Chemicals and Hazardous Materials

Household and Farm Chemicals

No Transfer Station in the Southern Grampians Shire can accept toxic household or farm chemicals. However, there are government schemes in place for disposal of chemicals.

Farm Chemicals

Unwanted agricultural and veterinary chemicals can be disposed of through the ChemClear program. You will need to register your chemicals with ChemClear prior to collection.

Contact ChemClear on (toll free) 1800 008 182 or register on the website below.


Southern Grampians Shire Council does not accept asbestos and will reject any waste suspected of containing asbestos.

Please contact an approved asbestos removal contractor in your local Yellow Pages.

Customer Service
111 Brown Street
Hamilton Vic 3300
Phone (03) 5573 0444

Powered by