Southern Grampians Shire Council Logo
Skip Links

Accommodation Premises and Caravan Parks

Council’s Environmental Health Department inspect prescribed accommodation premises and caravan parks to ensure premises are hygienic, maintained and in a good state of repair.

Prescribed accommodation businesses must be registered with Council and comply with the Public Health and Wellbeing Act (2008). Caravan parks must be registered with Council and comply with the and the Residential Tenancies Act (1997).

Prescribed accommodation businesses include:

  • Hotels
  • Motels
  • B&Bs
  • Hostels
  • Student Dormitories
  • Holiday Camps
  • Rooming Houses
  • Residential Accommodation

Registering or purchasing an accommodation premises

To operate a prescribed accommodation business in Southern Grampians Shire the first step is to submit an Accommodation Registration Application.

Altering and existing accommodation premises requires Prescribed Accommodation Application to be submitted with appropriate documents.

You can submit the following Applications when transferring or have just purchased an existing property that you wish to alter:

Application for Transfer of Registration, Prescribed Accommodation

Request for inspection of a premises

Request for Information and Documents

Opening or purchasing an accommodation premises and planning to serve food as part of your accommodation premises. You are required to be registered under Food Act 1984 before you can open your premises.

Taking over an existing accommodation business. An inspection is required to ensure that you are aware of any outstanding orders or requirements placed on the business prior to settlement.

Customer Service
1 Market Place Hamilton Vic 3300
Phone (03) 5573 0256

Powered by